We are pleased to announce our inaugural NorCal Brew Competition Results! For decades Sonoma County has been known as a premier wine destination, however, we love beer too! We invited all breweries and cideries in the United States to celebrate our love of beer with us.
On May 6, 2017, the inaugural NorCal Brew Competition kicked off with the judging of over 160 entries.
Best of Show went to Heretic Brewing Company of Fairfield, CA for their Heretic IPA #6.
Gold medal winners in each division were:
- HenHouse Brewing of Santa Rosa, CA – HenHouse STOKED! – Pale American Ale
- Station 26 Brewing Co. of Denver, CO – American Copper – Amber & Brown American Beer
- South Gate Brewing Company of Oakhurst, CA – Brooklyn Imperial Stout – American Porter & Stout
- Heretic Brewing Company of Fairfield, CA – Heretic IPA #6 – IPA
- South Gate Brewing Company of Oakhurst, CA – Bob Barley – Strong American Ale
- Garage Brewing Co. of Murrieta, CA – The Tow Truck – Trappist Ale
- Crystal Springs Brewing Company of Louisville, CO – Cherry Saison – Fruit Beer
- California Cider Company of Sebastopol, CA – Ace Perry Hard Cider – Standard Cider and Perry
- Heretic Brewing Company of Fairfield, CA – Strawberry Agony – American Wild Ale
- South Gate Brewing Company of Oakhurst, CA – Oaktown Pecan Brown – Spiced Beer
- Island Brewing Company of Carpinteria, CA – Bourbon Barrel Aged Rigamarole Double Brown Ale – Wood Beer
- South Park Brewing LLC of Fairplay, CO – Milk Stout – Dark British Beer
- Wormtown Brewery of Worchester, MA – Irish Red – Irish Beer
- Benoit Casper Brewing Co. of Richmond, CA – AL Ten Amber – Amber Bitter European Beer
- Garage Brewing Co. of Murrieta, CA – Golden Helles Lager – Pale Malty European Lager
- Island Brewing Company of Carpinteria, CA – Tropical Lager – Standard American Beer
Many of the winners will feature tastings at the NorCal Brew Fest at the Sonoma County Fair.